One of the popular nail art designs that has been popping up over Pinterest and nail art blogs is the Newspaper Print Nails look. It is really easy to recreate, doesn’t require many tools, is cheap to do and looks great!
Here are some newspaper nail art step by step instructions showing you how you can do it yourself at home with only a few items that you probably already have in your nail art collection.
You will Need the Following Items for your Newspaper Nail Designs:
- Make up 10 strips of newspaper that are large enough to cover each nail.
- Rubbing alcohol or a clear alcohol like vodka.
- Small glass.
- Base and top coat of nail polish.
- Nail polish – ideally pastel or neutral colours work best.
- Nail polish remover.
How to do Nail Art Newspaper Print?
- Firstly, give yourself a basic manicure – scrub your hands, push back cuticles and prep your nails for your new nail design.
- Apply a base coat of nail polish and allow to dry.
- Apply your coloured nail polish and let dry – it is really important that you allow the nail polish to dry before you get to the next step.
- Pour the alcohol into the small glass.
- Dip your finger into the alcohol so that the entire nail is wet.
- Apply the newspaper strip to each nail, ensure that you don’t move the strip around. You want to hold the strip firmly in place for 30 seconds ensuring that the writing doesn’t move around on the nail.
- Repeat for each nail that you want the newspaper look.
- Apply a top coat.
- Clean up your nails with a Q-Tip and some nail polish remover.
- Admire your handy work!
Variations to the Nail Designs Newspaper Look
- You can make your nail design with newspaper written in a different language.
- Add a few splashes or red so it looks like blood splatters on your newspaper nail art.
- Try nail designs with newspaper covered with some stamping nail art.
- Instead of using newspaper use a comic, a map or sheet music instead. Get creative, you really can use anything. I really like the ‘A B C’ look on one of the nails opposite.
- Try different coloured nail polish to use as a base under your newspaper print nails.
- Alternate the newspaper design and normal nail polish between every second nail.
If you are happy with your nail designs using newspaper and want to share your look with the nail art supplies readers – feel free to send in your nail art pictures for everyone to see.